A durable, single-component metal repair composite based on a silicon alloy blended with a heat-activated epoxy resin. Designed to repair and protect metal surfaces suffering from Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI), Belzona 1251 (HA-Metal) can be easily applied by spatula, applicator, or brush.
This heat-activated material can be applied directly onto hot surfaces (70-150°C / 158-302°F) with minimal surface preparation avoiding production downtime. Once cured, this solvent-free repair composite provides outstanding corrosion protection.
- In-situ application to live equipment operating at high temperature with minimal surface preparation
- Multi-purpose durable metal repair composite
- Single pack system, no weighing or mixing required
- Reduced health and safety risks as it is solvent-free
- Fast cure allows equipment to be re-insulated with minimum delay
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Impact and abrasion resistance
- Good chemical resistance against a wide range of chemicals
- Excellent adhesion to metals including stainless steel, carbon steel, aluminum, brass, and copper
- Does not corrode