A 2-part epoxy-based composite material combining extremely hard closely packed abrasion-resistant ceramic aggregates in a polymeric binder for the repair and protection of equipment damaged by fine particle abrasion.
Belzona 1812 (Ceramic Carbide FP) has been developed for situations involving fine particle erosion such as cement manufacture. This new generation technology creates a smoother but highly durable composite capable of being applied in thin layers, providing greater opportunities to modify profiles and improve flow.
- High abrasion and wear resistance
- Will not corrode
- Solvent-free allowing it to be applied safely in confined areas
- Excellent bonding to many metal surfaces including steel and cast iron
- Application and cure at room temperature – no hot work involved
- Long working life
- Fast cure rate ensures a prompt return to service
- High mechanical strength